Okay if you’re on a budget and you can’t afford expensive skincare…it’s time to raid your fridge and cupboards and naturally rejuvenate your skin and hair! Make your own beauty products…chemically free!
Most beauty products contain pthalates, formaldehyde, parabens and other chemicals that have been shown to harm animals in lab tests, and which are being phased out in Europe in favor of less toxic alternatives. Prenatal exposure to pthalates, for example, has been linked to liver and kidney damage and effects on baby boys’ reproductive organs.
So here is the second beauty recipe that I have tried and LOVE! Feel free to leave us comments, and let us know what you think…More recipes to come!
CREAMY AVOCADO & CARROT MASK
This mask combines avocados, which are rich in Vitamin E, with carrots, which are high in beta-carotene and antioxidants, and cream, which is high in calcium and protein. These ingredients will help to rebuild skin collagen, improve tone and texture, and fade spots.
- Scrub and peel the carrot and cook it in boiling water for 15 minutes. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Place the cooked carrot in a large bowl (or blender if you prefer) and add the peeled, ripe avocado, honey and egg.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Wash your face and neck as usual.
- Smooth the avocado and carrot facial mask on your face and neck, avoiding the areas around your mouth and eyes.
- Leave the avocado and carrot face mask on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water, pat your skin dry with a soft towel and follow with your favorite toner.
TIPS & WARNINGS
When possible, use organic ingredients for your avocado and carrot facial. That way, you can be sure that your facial is free of pesticides and other chemicals that can be harmful to your skin and body.Tips & Warnings
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS
Avocado is frequently used in rich spa products because it’s provides a rich source of vitamin A, B, D and E. Unknown to most; avocado contains more potassium than a banana (approximately 60 percent more). Therefore, skin care products infused with avocado penetrate the skin evenly and quickly, making the skin smooth and moisturized as a result.
Carrots are antiseptic and, when included in a homemade facial mask recipe, help tone and rejuvenate your skin. The beauty of making your own homemade facial mask is that you can easily blend in other ingredients, too, to tailor the mask to your own beauty needs. Honey, for example, will moisturize your skin, as will avocado, while an olive oil addition helps all the ingredients blend together smoothly. Carrot-based facial masks are ideal for normal to oily skin; if you include other moisturizing ingredients, like honey and avocado, the mask is appropriate for dry skin but may be too oily for already-oily skin.