- SWEET ALMOND oil naturally has excellent hydrating properties and contains beneficial fatty acids, vitamins A, E and several of the B vitamins. Due to its high nutrient content and because it doesn’t clog pores, there is anecdotal evidence for sweet almond oil use as an acne remedy. Additionally, sweet almond is the massage oil most commonly used by the professionals, as it glides easily over the skin, has a slight warming effect on the skin, it absorbs into the skin at a pleasant speed and hydrates without becoming too greasy.
- Obtained from the flower heads of a mountain daisy, ARNICA MONTANA is renowned in the natural-healing world for its anti-bruising and skin-brightening properties and acclaimed by many experts for its reported anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial for swollen and puffy skin and helps to reduce puffiness around the eyes as well as inflamed acne.
- Considered ‘the gold of Morocco,’ ARGAN OIL contains essential fatty acids (linoleic and oleic acids) and antioxidant polyphenols. With three times the amount of antioxidant vitamin E found in olive oil, is there anything argan oil can’t do? Reported to help in reducing wrinkles and softening the skin, and shown to increase elasticity and tightening of the skin. It also has antimicrobial as well as pH balancing properties that helps in reducing acne.
OK so now that we know a little bit more about face oils and their fabulous effects on the skin, as well as the specific essential oils in Rodin Olio Lusso that are proven to reduce inflammation, even-out skin tone, hydrate and provide antioxidants – a few questions still remain…
- How does this product feel?
- Does it work?
- Is the hefty $150.00 price tag on Rodin’s Luxury oil worth it?
As Linda Rodin, the creator describes it: “When you put it on, in French it’s called ‘bien-être’ which means a sense of well-being. It feels good, it smells good and you feel kind of dewy. Not greasy, not shiny, just kind of alive.” I found all of her claims to be 100% true and I believe she has created a truly beautiful and luxurious face oil-serum.
The bottle is gorgeous and I love the delicate drip applicator that insures you use just the right amount for your skin. At first I filled up the dropper too much (about 5-7 drops), but I quickly learned that my entire face and neck only needs 2-3 drops per application.
Pictures of 5-7 drops (too much):
|5-7 drops in applicator|
|5-7 drops in hand|
|5-7 drops blended into hand|
Pictures of 2-3 drops (just right):
|2-3 drops in applicator|
|2-3 drops on leg|
|2-3 drops blended onto leg|
|2-3 drops blended onto leg|
It imparts an instant softness to my skin that looks like a glowing velvety stream of hydration (does that make sense?) and it feels like a light, soft and slightly warm silk blanket. It’s probably the lightest oil ever created, as it never feels heavy or greasy on my skin. Although it’s so light and disappears on the skin almost instantly, I don’t feel like it fully absorbs into the skin – more like it blankets the skin with a nourishing and protective seal.
Below are some before & after pictures of the oil blended into my leg again, so you can see how the level of ‘greasiness’ doesn’t increase too much once applied and blended into the skin…
|Just 3 drops|
|The after picture shows the perfect level of ‘greasiness’, a healthy glow.|
At first I used my ‘Luxury Oil’ alone as my only moisturizer, massaging it into my skin after cleansing for a solid 1-2 minutes. Which by the way I HIGHLY recommend people doing, by massaging it in your skin for a good amount of time you get to enjoy the aromatic pleasures of the soothing jasmine scent and massage works to strengthen the rapidly decreasing yet greatest key to youth and firmness: our collagen.
Throughout the hot and humid month of August, using Rodin Olio Lusso by itself was really all I needed for moisture. My skin looked instantly smoother, brighter and softer right after application. However, after about two weeks of continued use, day and night, I felt my skin become fully accustomed to the oil where my skin thirsted for it after cleansing, and so I incorporated a cream application after the oil at night for added moisture. Now after a month of using it I can firmly say my skin still looks luminous and plump right after each application AND there’s been a remarkable improvement in the overall condition of my skin. With repeated use I have a definite reduction in blemishes, a smoother more even complexion, smaller pore sizes around my nose and it has almost completely eliminated all redness and irritation.
What I’m most impressed by is the amazing ability this oil has for quickly reducing irritation and inflammation. Below are a few pictures I took to show the noticeable difference –before and after using Rodin Luxury Face Oil– of blotchy spots and scattered redness on and around my cheeks (*note I am wearing a little concealer under my eye in the after picture, so compare the cheek area instead)…
I’ll end my review by answering the three questions I posed earlier… How does this product feel? Does it work? Is the hefty $150.00 price tag on Rodin’s Luxury oil worth it?
- It feels AMAZING.
- It works wonders on my skin.
- It’s absolutely worth every penny!
Drawbacks: NONE, unless you don’t like the smell of Jasmine. If this is the case, that’s unfortunate but there’s really no way around it as Rodin Olio Lusso gives off a distinct (but not strong) scent of Jasmine.
Lastly, you may have read my review on another favorite face oil of mine, Sunday Riley’s Juno (review here). I still love Juno and plan on alternating using Juno and Rodin depending on what my skin needs at the time. If you are considering trying a face oil for the first time, then I would recommend Rodin Olio Lusso over Juno because it’s incredibly light and won’t overwhelm first time face oil users. Beg, borrow or steal (well don’t really steal anything) because this product is worth the splurge!
You can purchase Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil for $150.00 by following this link to B-glowing.com
B-glowing offers 3 Free samples with every order, Free shipping on all $75 orders within the US and Free 2-3 day shipping on all $100 orders.
Additionally, b-glowing frequently offers store wide discounts as well as special promotions and free gifts. So if you really want to purchase Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil but you’re living on a tight budget these days, please visit BFF Beauty Blog frequently as we will make sure to post any and all special deals from b-glowing.
Check out this interview from b-glowing with the fabulously chic creator of Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil, Linda Rodin: