Jenni Reviews Her Sunday Riley Makeover Experience
Last week was very exciting for me because ‘My local Barneys’ (the store in Chicago where I live) finally received all of Sunday Riley’s ‘relatively’ new makeup products. I say relatively new because it actually launched in November 2011. I have been a huge Sunday Riley fan ever since I first tried her skincare products at the Barneys in NY, and although the Barneys in Chicago sold all of her skincare items, as well as most of her makeup – including: her foundations, primer, blushes, mascara and a few lip glosses – ‘my Barneys’ only just recently got in the complete line with all the eye shadow shades and lipsticks etc.
A few Sunday Riley makeup display pictures…
…needless to say I was giddy with excitement to see the complete makeup line displayed in all its’ beauty for the first time last week. I booked a ‘Sunday Riley makeover’ immediately! and now I can share with you my fabulous SR makeup-makeover review…
But first, I just want to clarify something – this will be a review of my Sunday Riley “makeover” only. You’ll see pictures after the makeover, as well as a very brief description of the products used. So if you like how the makeup turned out in the pictures (below), make sure to check back with us soon, as I will be reviewing each product in depth and separately.
A list (in order) what was applied to my face…
1) SR Stimulant 1 – To plump & diminish the appearance of fine lines. Applied around the fine lines on my forehead, smile marks and under eye area. (review coming)
2) SR Juno Transformative Lipid Serum – For a dewy glow, extra moisture, and luminous finish. One pump lightly patted on, and then blended all over my face. (reviewed here)
3) SR Skin Adrenaline – For the antioxidant & anti-aging properties, firming effect and smooth finish; as well as used as a light moisturizer. Just one pump patted all over face. (review coming)
4) SR Breathable Tinted Primer – For some “Breathable” light coverage and to even out skin tone. This stuff is unbelievable! There is nothing else like it, a must-have for people who like a natural and even-toned glow, instead of a heavy foundation look. It’s oil free, light weight, silky smooth…its just perfection! (reviewed here)
5) SR Creme Radiance Breathable Ageless Foundation – For a little extra coverage in the t-zone. A very small amount was applied on my chin and forehead, then blended with a concealer brush. I loved this too! It’s not heavy at all for being a creme, and it is in fact “Breathable.” (review coming)
6) SR Bronzer “Soft Focus Pressed Powder” 145W – For a touch of sun-kissed color. I was so amazed at how natural it looked. I’m showing you profile so you can see the area where the powder was applied, but believe me in person you would not be able to tell I had any bronzer on – it’s the perfect bronzer/pressed powder because it gives just the right amount of color for depth & highlighting, and it produces a natural radiance. Love it!!!
7) SR Blush “Blushing 101” – Just two strokes back and forth along my cheek bone. This blush is gorgeous, it may be my favorite piece I bought from the SR makeup line. This blush is beautifully pigmented and gives me such a natural & youthful glow. I hope these pictures show how beautiful yet simple the color is.
8) SR Eyeshadow “Solstice” – On the lid and along the crease. I’m obsessed with this eyeshadow, but I’ll save my thoughts for when I review it separately. I will say that Solstice is truly stunning.
9) SR Eyeshadows “Marrakesh Nights” and “Indigo Waves” – smudged together along the upper lash line and blended into the lid. Sunday Riley has some of the most beautiful blues in her eye shadow collection that I’ve ever seen! They are not as bright as you would expect a blue to be, but the muted colors still look brilliantly soft & sexy once applied.
Marrakesh Night (top picture), Indigo Waves (bottom picture).
10) SR Mascara “The Influencer Extra Volume Glossy Mascara” in Midnight Saphire 101 – A beautiful midnight blue mascara with a flawless creamy consistency and easy application.
11) Creme Gloss Sheer Impact Lip Color “Antique Honey” – LOVE THIS! I ended up buying three shades of lip gloss because I fell in love instantly! Juno is actually in the lip gloss so it has a magical feel to it when it touches your lips…I can’t wait to review these fabulous glosses for you all!
My official Sunday Riley Makeup Makeover review…
I loved every second of the makeover and was extremely delighted with the results. The displays alone, of her makeup are worth the trip to Barneys. I appreciate when a high-end line puts incredible care in the small details; it gives the customer a luxurious experience when buying expensive products – and Sunday Riley sure knows how to do this! Her displays are beyond elegant, the black and gold provides a spectacular backdrop for her lipsticks, lip glosses and eye shadows – you see a refreshingly modern ‘Pop of Colors.’
How It Came To Be: This fantastic makeup line was created from the collaboration of the innovative skincare alchemist, Sunday Riley and the talented makeup artist, Diane Kendal. Together they spent three years meticulously crafting every single piece in this range. Sunday Riley says, “I wanted breathable formulas that give a luminous, polished look…and it just has that edgy, cool, city feel.” – It sure does!
Pro Tip: Sunday Riley likes to mix her foundation with her Cashmere SPF 30 Advanced Sun Defense and dots it with Juno Serum for added radiance.
Makeup Line Range: Some of the makeup line’s highlights include: a Tinted Primer (a truly unique product, reviewed here), foundations in both liquid and creme form, loose and pressed face powders (including a bronzer pressed powder), a beautiful and elegant range of eyeshadows (perfect for the natural & modern beauty), absolutely gorgeous blushes, vibrant yet wearable lipsticks and lip glosses, creamy liquid eyeliners, and a large variety of high quality makeup brushes.
Makeup Line Roots: Sunday Riley Firmly believes that ideal makeup and skincare formulas are a perfect union between pure, potent botanicals and advanced chemistry. She calls this union “Green Technology” and this newly created range of makeup stays true to her commitment of being ‘green.’ In fact, this makeup line should be called an anti-aging & nourishing skincare makeup line – due to the fact that every piece employs the same new technology and innovative ingredients that her skincare line contains. The NV-5 Ageless Complex being the signature formula in all Sunday Riley products. The NV-5 Ageless Complex is a proprietary blend of 5 Native American botanicals used traditionally (and now proven scientifically) to detoxify, heal, and recharge the skin. According to Sunday Riley, her entire makeup line is “completely breathable with sophisticated, high performance results.”
All of the products are cruelty-free, filled with healthy ingredients, are free of all parabens and non-comedogenic.
FINAL THOUGHT: As you can tell I bought several things, and plan to go back for more. Like I said earlier, I will review each product separately after I’ve had a chance to use everything, but for now I am giving my Sunday Riley Makeup Makeover experience an A+++ I’m in love!!!
Available at Barney.com