Hydrate & Heal: Jenni reviews her top 5 moisture restoring masks
**#1 CHOICE for healing*
1. Chantecaille Jasmine & Lily Healing Mask– This mask has become my all-time favorite ‘feel good’ mask. You know those times you want to just give your skin a break from all the harsh treatments, and peels or exfoliating corrective products? …and instead you just want to apply a clean, cold and wet towel over your face so your skin can just relax for a bit. Well I often have those desires and I use Chantecaille’s Jasmine & Lily Healing Mask to satisfy my skins cry for help – and it never disappoints!! I swear to you, no matter what type of skin you have, this mask will sooth any skin ailments, leave you face feeling refreshed, nourished and in particular “Healed.” I only wish I could soak my whole body in this Jasmine and Lily concoction – It’s Perfection!! This creamy mask smells divine, the texture is luxurious, and leaves a beautiful feel to the skin, hydrating without greasiness. You can use it day and night, just adjusting how much you use depending on how much hydration you require.
Who is it for: All skin types, but specifically dehydrated and red patches. People with general excessive redness. Ideal first aid for irritated, sunburned, wind-chapped or jet-lagged skin. Men may use as shaving cream to avoid ingrown hairs. Can even be used on irritated acne-prone skin for soothing relief.
How to use it : Apply a generous layer twice a week over clean skin. Leave on from 10 to 20 minutes. Gently sponge off with lukewarm water. May be left on overnight.
- A cooling, hydrating mask that doubles as a calming night cream
- Ideal first aid for irritated, sunburned, wind-chapped or jet-lagged skin
- Revives and brightens dull complexion
- Extremely effective as a daily treatment for rosacea
- 91% botanicals including a healing base of Pure Rosewater; Vegan-friendly
2. Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask– This mask is definitely ‘one of a kind’. I can honestly say I have never felt anything like it before! I don’t really know how to describe it – It looks like fluffy whipped yogurt but feels like a soft chilled icing. It glides on smoothly and doesn’t harden or dry after a couple of minutes like a typical mask would. It’s definitely a ‘special’ mask that provides a unique & fabulous experience for your face. I love this mask for the summer months and during warm weather vacations. It’s a great solution for restoring some moisture that was lost from sun exposure.
FINAL THOUGHT: The mask does a great job for the times I need it, however I did recently just try to incorporate it into my routine on a weekly basis, and the result was less pleasing. For some reason I no longer enjoy the cakey consistency and the creamy residue it leaves on my face after washing it off. Maybe it was just my skin changing with the weather or something else, regardless I’m not getting rid of it, I’m just going to use on special occasions (during the summer months or once or twice a month works best for me.)
Product Description: BLACK TEA INSTANT PERFECTING MASK is an intense hydrating treatment that immediately reveals softer, more supple, and younger-looking skin. This skin perfecting formula was scientifically proven to have a significant moisturizing effect 6 hours after the mask is rinsed from the skin surface*! Additionally, it was tested by a consumer-testing panel under dermatological control and was proven to**:
– leaves skin looking resilient and radiant
– smoothes the texture of the skin & decrease skin roughness
– hydrates, nourishes and soothes
– improves skin tone
– Black tea refines the skin’s texture, enhancing radiance and smoothness.
– Lychee seed extract stimulates collagen production.
– Firming polysaccharides give an immediate lifting effect and work to reduce fine lines and wrinkles over time.
– Hyaluronic spheres
Where to buy: Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask Price: $88.00 (100ml) www.fresh.com Free Shipping!
3) Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask– This Triple Oxygen Mask is so great to use the morning after you have been up too late or if you are young and you’ve been out ‘Partying,’ and you need to get some serious oxygen back into your skin. It’s so light and refreshing; you can use it as little as once every other month or as much as three times a week. I love it when I need a quick & light ‘pick me up.’ It foams up quick and you can really feel the cool oxygen being put back into your skin.Product Description: A super quick fix for dull, tired and sallow, ‘I’m sick of my skin’ skin. Engineered to mimic the effects of our spa’s famous Triple Oxygen Treatment Facial in seconds. This fabulous complexion formula uses every ‘tech’ in the book to give you fresher, younger-looking skin.
- delivers oxygen to the skin with innovative Fluid02 technology
- lightens, and tightens the skin with the most active powerful form of Vitamin C available
- protects cells from free radical damage with powerful antioxidants
Where to Buy: Triple Oxygen Mask Price: $54.00 (3.4 fl. oz) www.blissworld.com or $33.00 at amazon.com
Contains exeptionally high concentration of hydrating ingredients.· Within three to five minutes, skin is completely toned, revitalized, and feels firmer.· 2.15-ounce tube.
When Hubert d’Ornano founded Sisley-Paris in 1976, his use of botanical active ingredients and essential oils in beauty products was an innovative concept. Today, Sisley continues its tradition of pioneering new treatments with research from its own laboratories. The French collection features a full range of skin care, makeup, and fragrances.
5) Suki Face Intensive Nourishing Mask– I used this mask after I had been treating acne for a couple days and my skin was left dry and irritated. I needed intense moisture ASAP! and since I’m already a big fan of Suki’s natural & organic products (reviewed here) I decided to give her Intensive nourishing mask a try.…and I’m very happy I did!! This mask is a lovely ‘all-natural’ yet seriously hydrating treatment. The directions say to leave on for 25-30 minutes – so make sure you carve out a good chunk of time before ‘masking.’ Your skin will indeed feel nourished & restored.
Where to buy Sukiface Intensive Nourishing Mask: $58.95 (28 ml) sukiskincare.com