Alex shares another homemade beauty secret…her recipe for a deep conditioning and reparative hair treatment
Okay if you’re on a budget and you can’t afford expensive skincare…it’s time to raid your fridge and cupboards and naturally rejuvenate your skin and hair! Make your own beauty products…chemically free!
Most beauty products contain phthalates, formaldehyde, parabens and other chemicals that have been shown to harm animals in lab tests, and which are being phased out in Europe in favor of less toxic alternatives. Prenatal exposure to phthalates, for example, has been linked to liver and kidney damage and effects on baby boys’ reproductive organs.
So here is the 4th beauty recipe that I have tried and LOVE! Feel free to leave us comments, and let us know what you think…More recipes to come!
HOMEMADE ROSEMARY HAIR CONDITIONER
The extremes of heat and cold we endure throughout winter can make even the greatest of hair look and feel like straw. This nourishing conditioner blends honey for shine; olive oil for moisture and essential oil of rosemary to stimulate hair growth.
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup warmed Olive oil (2T for normal to oily hair)
- 4 drops of essential oil of Rosemary
- 1 tsp. Xanthan gum (available in health food stores)
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a clean plastic bottle with a tight fitting stopper or lid.
- Apply a small amount at a time to slightly dampened hair. Massage scalp and work mixture through hair until completely coated.
- Cover hair with a warm towel (towel can be heated in a microwave or dryer) or shower cap; leave on to nourish and condition for 30 minutes.
- Remove towel or shower cap; shampoo and rinse with cool water.
This was Alex’s 4th special feature post on ‘Homemade Skincare’ that is one, out of many of her favorite recipes for beautiful skin. View Alex’s first recipe of the Pumpkin & Papaya Enzyme Mask (here), and her second recipe for an Avocado & Carrot Facial Mask (here), and third recipe for a Cucumber & Honey Toner (here.)
More of Alex “the organic skincare chemist” homemade recipes to come!